Online Salsa Classes – Absolute Beginners
We have a fantastic online salsa course for Absolute Beginners, which you can do at your own pace.
No partner? No problem!
If you don’t have a partner, don’t worry, you can still learn alone. We teach you how to lead and follow the moves separately and in partners. Therefore, you can still learn and practise the content in the partnerwork sections.
As an introductory offer, here is the first lesson for FREE, so you can try before you buy! It will give you a gentle warm up, teach you the basic steps and how to dance the basics with a partner.
As we cannot be with you in person, please remember:
- to do your own risk assessment of the area you are dancing in, so clear a safe space in which to move – including objects from tables, from the floor & be careful of low hanging lamp shades etc etc!
- to wear suitable footwear to be able to pivot on your own floor surface (ie no rubber soled shoes, flip flops, sandals etc);
- to ensure you are on a suitable smooth surface floor in order to pivot; such as tiles, laminate or real wood;
- if you only have carpet, try a pair of leather soled shoes;
- do not attempt anything that you do not feel 100% comfortable with;
- if you feel any pain at all, please stop;
- by participating in these classes you are agreeing to waive any and all liability to Salsa Southampton and its employees.
If you have enjoyed our Lesson 1 videos, why not purchase the rest of our course for beginners?
As well as learning more salsa footwork and partnerwork moves, we have excellent music videos which will help you find and maintain your timing (one of the most difficult things about starting salsa).
Go at your own pace:
You can view the videos as many times as you like, and progress to the next lesson when you feel ready. You can always go back to previous lessons to revise if you want.
There are five more lessons in the course, and each lesson comprises 3 videos, so plenty for you to learn and practise.
You can continue for as little as £15 by purchasing Part 1 of the course (Lessons 1-3), and then progress to Part 2 (Lessons 4-6), available to purchase separately for £15.
Or you can purchase the Complete Course, which includes all 6 lessons plus COMPLETELY FREE you get ‘Help with the Music’ (our collection of 5 classes to help you find the beat and maintain your timing in salsa). This is a total of 24 video classes with over 5 hours 30 minutes tuition – fantastic value! All this for a DISCOUNTED PRICE of £30 (£40 if purchased separately).
If you have completed our course for beginners, why not continue with our excellent new online course for Improvers?