Improvers Online Course Part 1
Welcome to Part 1 of our online salsa course for Improvers.
You can watch the videos as many times as you like. However, please do not save them, share them or broadcast them in any way (other than with a partner or family member within the same home).
This is a progressive course, and follows on from our online course for Beginners. As you progress, classes will assume you already know elements previously covered, so if there is anything you have missed please refer back to earlier classes or courses. Occasionally, warm up classes may include a move not previously taught. If you don’t know a move, do your best to follow or just continue your basic step for that bit. The beauty of video classes is that you can always rewind and have another go!
Our fantastic musicality collections are designed to accompany our online courses. ‘Help with the Music’ includes five classes to help you find the beat and maintain your timing in salsa music. ‘Dance with the Music’ includes four classes to help you dance with more musicality, including musical phrases, spotting changes in direction (when the 1 ‘moves’), adapting to mood, and endings. If you have already purchased these, you will have a received a separate link by email. If not, you can purchase them here:
As we cannot be with you in person, please remember:
- to do your own risk assessment of the area you are dancing in, so clear a safe space in which to move – including objects from tables, from the floor & be careful of low hanging lamp shades etc etc!
- to wear suitable footwear to be able to pivot on your own floor surface (ie no rubber soled shoes, flip flops, sandals etc);
- to ensure you are on a suitable smooth surface floor in order to pivot; such as tiles, laminate or real wood;
- if you only have carpet, try a pair of leather soled shoes;
- do not attempt anything that you do not feel 100% comfortable with;
- if you feel any pain at all, please stop;
- by participating in these classes you are agreeing to waive any and all liability to Salsa Southampton and its employees.